Rev difficulty

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat May 28 00:11:57 EDT 2005

Thomas McGrath III wrote:
> What are you really up to? Trying to sell Synopsis? Probably.

Interesting.  I could't read much of his posts because of the odd
capitalization, but after reading yours I found this snippet from 25 May
  in which he does rather talk a lot about Synopsis:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/use-revolution@lists.runrev.com/msg53776.html>

Later the same day Scott Rossi asked him the most relevant question:

    If Synopsis does what you need,
    why do you want to learn Revolution?

That question remains unanswered.

So it would appear one of two possibilities is true:

a) He has recently discovered what most of the industry figured
    out in the early '90s:  iconic programming is great if all
    you want to do is what the provided icons have defined, but
    once you want true flexibility it's difficult to be more
    expressive than with textual languages.

    How many award-winning software products were written
    in iconic languages?  Yet just among the members of this
    list there are probably dozens of awards earned, all written
    in textual languages.

    Aside from a few specialized uses like education, the rest
    of the world has largely forgotten about the experiments in
    iconic languages of the '80s and '90s and ship their apps
    using textual languages.

    I can't yet rule out that perhaps Vjstbenz has discovered why.

b) He is a fan or employee of codemorphis (makers of Synopsis),
    and is merely trolling here.

I have no more time for him until he takes the time to answer Scott's
question.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation