Some people like programming...

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Fri May 27 23:11:29 EDT 2005

> Some people like programming, some don't.

Some thoughts:

I have to admit that when I am knocking my head against the wall trying
to determine why the !@#$%^&* THING WON'T WORK, I'm not the happiest
camper.....especially when I discover that the problem lies with a
misspelled variable (or something along those lines)!

At the same time, it is thrilling to have something work the way you
expect, to have a problem solved, to create an application that
fulfills its need precisely- all the more so when the need is very
specific and nothing else is available which exactly fits the bill.

Transcript also allows the person with a non-higher-math background
(such as myself) to work with many math functions in a more verbose
manner, so that I can at least code the clock face "in 100 lines" (vs.
the Math Whiz's 13, or whatever), and BOTH scripts work.

-Kurt