Mp3 Recording success (and Ogg)

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Fri May 27 21:27:38 EDT 2005

What you need:
1. A wave file which could be recorded using the built in record file command.
2. A copy of lame (a unix file) You may have to build your own. For Ogg you need the oggenc file

Here's the improved script

on mouseUp
  put fld _sound into twavefile --path to original wave
  put twavefile into tmp3file --path to new mp3
  replace ".wav" with ".mp3" in tmp3file --adjust the tag
  put fld _lame && twavefile && tmp3file into x
  get shell(x)
  put it --if you want info
end mouseUp

There are some other commands you can add.
To get more info on them, use this
 put fld _lame && "-?" into x
  get shell(x)

Related note:
I tried to write my copy of lame into a special property of my stack, so I can make a sample stack to show folks.
However, when I write out the data to a file, the unix file is always a text document (even if I set the filetype to "")

I vaguely remember doing this once with a .au sound file and not having any problems.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
tom