Filtering Within Lines

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Fri May 27 16:45:26 EDT 2005

Hello Everyone,

Is there a regular expression that would make Filter work on items
within lines?  What I'm thinking of is a field where a fixed number of
items on each line is delimited by tabs; in other words, the field has
columns of variables.  If I wanted to search or filter the fourth item
specifically, disregarding all other information, I would need a
regular expression with three tabs and wild cards.  I tried the
following, but it doesn't work.  I suspect my syntax is wrong.

filter theField with "tab" & "*" & "tab" & "*" & "tab" & "*" &
searchPhrase

Any thoughts?

	Greg