secureMode revisited

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri May 27 14:58:29 EDT 2005

All-

I did some experimenting with secureMode, and while it's still got
some problems, it does do what it's advertised to do - prevent disk
writes. Attempting a stack save, though, puts the save modal dialog
front and center on the screen with the status message "Wait..." and
never removes it. The IDE is still functional, though.

One thing that wasn't clear to me before is that secureMode is only
for the current session - restarting the IDE sets it back to false,
even if you don't do that explicitly. Nice.

I put a secureMode tester plugin in my revOnline space if anyone wants
to fool around with it.

user: mwieder
stack: Condom

--