[INFO] Javascript Colors list

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri May 27 13:40:24 EDT 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 11:04 AM, Stephen Barncard wrote:

> set the backgroundcolor  stack "drawer1"  to sandybrown
> set the backgroundcolor  stack "drawer1"  to navajowhite

Those look like ethnic classifications on a census form.

Seriously...  Some years ago in looking at the physics of color I was
surprised to find a big book of color names published by NBS.  At the
time I assumed it was specific to physics work and that psychologists,
printers, TV techs, and artists had their own standards.  Now, I'm not
so sure and I suspect there are cross-domain standards.  I think there
are some web standards for color names.

I like the idea of the use of standards in Revolution.  I think more
features that almost meet standards should be enhanced and those that
do should have the extent of compliance documented.  This simplifies
documentation for Rev and apps made with Rev.  It also lowers the
psychological cost of learning to use Rev.

Dar