Graphics Help, Please (OT)

Lynch, Jonathan bnz2 at cdc.gov
Fri May 27 10:30:56 EDT 2005

Whenever my kids ask me "are we there yet?" or "how long until we get
there?" or some such thing on a long driving trip, I respond by
increasing the amount of time on each answer. On a 10-hour drive, by the
time we are only an hour away from our destination, I might be telling
them...

"Well, it looks like we have maybe 12 or 14 hours to go. Well, maybe
more like 18 hours, but if we don't hit too much traffic it might be
less."

This seems to drive them nuts for some reason, but is quite effective at
preventing an endless line of "are we there yet?" questions:)