custom propertieset woes

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Fri May 27 08:54:36 EDT 2005

Claudi,

The script looks OK at first sight. My guess is that the parameter or some
function
or CPS might return an empty string and it gets stuck there...

Is that possible?

-- a little innofensive check that does wonders...
if it is empty then
  breakpoint
end if

Also
after
>do tCommandStr
get the result -- this might help or use a try statement...
if it is not empty then breakpoint

Sorry i dont see a mistake... So i presume it's the data...

Hope that helps
Xavier

On 27.05.2005 14:37:36 use-revolution-bounces wrote:
>Hi Xavier,
>
>Here is the script
>
>-- ***
>function GatherAllSubs pLine
>put word 2 to -1 of pLine into tGatheredList
>put GetPropName(tGatheredList) into tPropName
>
>put "put the" && tPropName & "[uSubList]" && "of fld" && quote &
>"topicList" & quote && "into tSubList"  into tCommandStr
>do tCommandStr
>
>-- tSubList now contains the list exactly as it would appear in the
>topicList fld. Now proces this list
>repeat for each line tTopic in tSubList
>-- each topic might have a.  no subs  b.  closed subs    c. open
>subs
>if last char of word 1 of tTopic is kClosedSubs then
>put cr & GatherAllSubs(tTopic) after tGatheredList
>else
>put cr & word 2 to -1 of tTopic after tGatheredList
>end if
>end repeat
>return tGatheredList
>end GatherAllSubs
>

>pLine will be in the form: ##^  This is topic 1
>word 1 is like a header with some info I use also in other places.
>kClosedSubs is a constant for the ? char
>the function GetPropName() will return the propertie sets name
>associated with "This is topic 1" (or whatever will be in pLine) (so it
>will return like u126543)
>
>After the line "do tCommandStr" I put a line to output tCommandStr to a
>field to see
>if there something wrong with it. sample output is: put the
>uCC835628448213[uSubList] of fld "topicList" into tSubList
>
>Copying this line to the msg box (without the "into tSubList" part) it
>works perfectly as expected
>returning the right values, but executed in the script it puts strangly
>enough empty into tSubList.
>Why would a line of transcript not work as expected in a script, but
>the same line works perfectly well in the msg box?
>unless offcourse there is something wrong with the "into tSubList" part.
>
>I also restarted runrev and now it's back to doing only the first
>iteration.
>
>Ps. In my first mail I put u24536 etc in the subList of the set for
>simplicity. In reality I get the sets name via the GetPropName function
>'cause in the subList will be text like: ###* And this is another topic
>####
>^ and this one is one level deeper
>
>Hope this helps to spot the problem. It has me completly baffled.
>
>Best wishes
>Claudi_______________________________________________
>use-revolution mailing list
>use-revolution at lists.runrev.com

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com
IMPORTANT MESSAGE    Internet communications are not secure and therefore
Clearstream International does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.    The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states
them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of its
affiliates or subsidiaries.    END OF DISCLAIMER