is there a best anti-viral program for Revolution?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu May 26 16:19:50 EDT 2005

On 5/26/05 12:22 PM, "MisterX" <b.xavier at internet.lu> wrote:

> Better question:
> How can we prevent "any script" from setting this secure mode hell to true?

Xavier has a point... a malicious stack could theoretically switch a stack
that was not in secureMode into secureMode without telling anyone; the next
time the application legitimately tries to write files, etc. it would
prevent them from doing so - all that data entry would disappear.

The only thing I can think of is that setting the secureMode triggers a
message like "secureModeSet" with a param that tells what it was set to, and
it is sent to all currently open stacks *without* message passing (i.e.
there is no way to block or prevent an open stack from being able to respond
to the message). This way, stacks that needed secureMode to be off could
immediately respond if some malicious script set it to true.

Additionally we should engineer stacks that run in other environments that
need to write data to check the secureMode on startup and alert the user
that the stack can't be used while secureMode is on.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com