Web Pages in a Field

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu May 26 12:04:30 EDT 2005

Tom-

Thursday, May 26, 2005, 8:09:12 AM, Martin wrote:

MB> If I can step in here, I had a look at the Sony page in question, and the
MB> problem is the way the page is written, RR can't cope with it.

MB> The page is in xhtml-transitional not html, and has some usages which will
MB> fail in older browsers, and an RR text field counts as one of those I'm
MB> afraid.

MB> AltBrowser should cope OK.

"set the htmlText of" actually understands only a pretty small subset
of html tags in the first place. If you really need to display an
arbitrary web page in a runrev windows the way it looks in a browser
then you should be using altBrowser.

If, on the other hand, you're interested in just a specific web page
and don't mind going through the drudgery of pawing through the
returned html data by hand, figuring out the aspect crosspoints,
extracting your relevant data by script, and setting the htmlText
yourself, then data mining may be a viable option for you. This is
especially useful if you want to display just a section of the web
page's data.

My guess from your original question, though, is that the answer is
the former. Altuit has already done the hard work for you.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net