MS Visual Studio Express

Lynn Fredricks lynn at paradigmasoft.com
Thu May 26 11:24:02 EDT 2005

> This was posted to the HyperCard list:
>
> > "...Microsoft sees a role for itself. The company's Visual Studio
> > Express software-slated for official release later this year-is
> > designed to bring coding to the masses...Microsoft
> estimates there are
> > six million professional developers and 18 million amateurs:
> > hobbyists, tinkerers, students. The company hopes to make Visual
> > Studio Express the Esperanto of amateur builders."
> >

> <http://www.fortune.com/fortune/technology/articles/0,15114,1061773,00

My understanding is that the Express versions are just cut down versions of
VS Studio "Standard" versions that they have been talking about for almost
two years. It's a credit to the fine reporting at Fortune magazine to dig up
such a technology fossil.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software, Inc

Joining Worlds of Information

Deploy True Client-Server Database Solutions
Royalty Free with Valentina Developer Network
http://www.paradigmasoft.com