is there a best anti-viral program for Revolution?

Mikey mikeythek at gmail.com
Wed May 25 15:19:24 EDT 2005

RR isn't any more or less vulnerable to some sort of script-kiddie
attack than any other tool, such as your spreadsheet, or a RAD or IDE.
 They aren't viruses.  They are Trojans.  The handling and response is
different.

The question, then, is what behavior in RR should be regulated.  The
boring, thanks-for-ending-this thread answer is to write a simple
front script or back script to intercept those commands deemed
dangerous and get confirmation from the user that the command should
be allowed to proceed, be done with it, and get back to doing nifty
stuff.

Dukakis, the one and only HyperCard Trojan was dealt with within a day
of its release in the wild by my stupid-simple HyperGuard XCMD, which
consisted of MAYBE five lines of code.  All I did was intercept the
"set" and "do" commands, check to see if the message was intended to
alter a script, and if so then alert the user, wait for a response,
and proceed.  Doing anything more complicated seems to be a waste of
time.  The rest is left as an exercise for the reader so I can go back
to working on the Google Puzzle Challenge.  Anybody solve the Corral
yet?  Boy is that a pain!
--
http://taoofrunrev.blogspot.com
http://taoof4d.blogspot.com