OT: using shell() to kill app on XP Home?

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Wed May 25 14:20:37 EDT 2005

Hi people,

At startup, my Rev-based app uses 'shell()' to start a faceless
(non-GUI) helper app which runs in the background the entire time my Rev
app is running.

When the Rev-based app quits, I want to kill the helper app. On XP Pro,
I see that I can use shell commands to do what I want:

   - 'tasklist' lists all processes so I can get the processID
     of my helper app.

   - 'taskkill' lets me kill it.

On XP Home, however, these commands don't seem to be available. Does
anyone know of any other commands I can use to kill my helper app?

Thanks a bunch.

Phil Davis