How to get the text of web framed pages?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue May 24 08:10:55 EDT 2005

Hello Xavier,

Le 24 mai 05 à 13:48, xbury.cs at clearstream.com a écrit :

> Hi Eric,
>
> Either it's in between <frame> tags or <iframe>...
> Note some frames can be downloaded like <frame src="thisfile.html">
>
> Hope it's what you meant...

You are right about some frames that can be dowloaded by parsing the
<frame src tag.
But you are not sure to get the whole contents :-(
I shall give you an example.
The following url: http://www.major-k.de/revstart.html (BTW great
stuff :-) will give you:

     <head>
html;charset=ISO-8859-1">
         <title>Willkommen bei major-k</title>
     </head>
     <frameset cols="160,*">
         <frame name="menu" noresize scrolling="no" src="menu1.html">
         <frame name="main" noresize src="xtalk.html">
         <noframes>
         </noframes>
     </frameset>

How to get back from this the effective text contents of this page
from our friend website?
I don't know...

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86