Lists in Transcript

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue May 24 01:49:00 EDT 2005

On 5/24/05 1:38 AM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

>> Sending of many parameters is not equivalent
>>
>> Because if you have list
>>
>>     v = [v1, v2, ... ]
>>
>> This is an object, like array you have.
>> You can use it many times, you can modify it and so on.
>>

> Ruslan, I don't know much Lingo but I think any variable in
> Transcript can be used as a list similar function-wise to linear
> lists in Lingo. There is just not explicit notation for it. In a way,
> Transcript vars are more flexible as any variable can hold either a
> single value or a list and we can define the list delimiter character.

> Lingo
>
> v = [3, 4, 1] --> 3, 4, 1
> v.add(2) --> 3, 4, 1, 2
> put (v.count) --> 4
> getPos(v,4) --> 2
> v.sort --> 1, 2, 3, 4
>
> Transcript
>
> put "3, 4, 1" into v --> 3, 4, 1
> put ", 2" after v  --> 3, 4, 1, 2
> put the number of items of v --> 4
> itemOffset(4,v) --> 2
> sort items of v --> 1, 2, 3, 4
>
> Or are you talking about something else?

But this is pure work with strings, Robert.

Well, I think Revolutioners are used to work with strings.
Just for me as C++ developer this looks too overhead.

But I see now that Transcript have many special commands to work with
strings as with lists. And coma is default delimiter as I see.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology