Lists in Transcript

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon May 23 16:59:58 EDT 2005

On 5/23/05 3:46 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wonder, is it good idea add to Transcript lists as they exists
> In Macromedia Director, WebSiphon, ...
>
>     func( var1, [v1, v2, "ffsdg", 4.52]  )

Couldn't this be done as:

    func( var1, "v1, v2, ffsdg, 4.52")

and then just parse the second parameter, getting "item" whatever of what
you need?

> Very compact form of notation.
>
> And IMHO fit into ideology of Revolution.

We've had discussions here about that, and some of us agree that some kind
of array notation would be a good addition to Rev; although most of our
talks were centered on multi-dimensional arrays, it could still be useful to
pass a list (or a list of lists).

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/