method of copy button required via popup. Advice on howto

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun May 22 18:52:03 EDT 2005

> IE click on one button and it inserts a button with a script
> on mouseup
> do function1
> end mouseup
>
> but if function 2 is selected from the popup it adds a button with
> script
> on mouseup
> do function2
> end mouseup
>
> How do I do this. I thought of having a hidden stack with buttons with
> the functions in them and simply have the button do this.
>
> What would the type of command be.
>
> here is a guess
>
> on mouseup
> if the popup "functionchoice" is menupick "insert function1"
> Copy button "Function1" to stack "target"
> end if
> if the popup "functionchoice" is menupick "insert function2"
> Copy button "Function2" to stack "target"
> end if
> end mouseup

If I understand you correctly, the popup button doesn't actually do
anything, it just provides information for another button.
Your problem is how to get that second button to tell what has been
selected in the popup.
The script for that is:
	put the selectedText of btn "functionchoice" into tChoice
or
	put the menuHistory of btn "functionchoice" into tLineNum
	put line tLineNum of btn "functionchoice" into tChoice

Then use tChoice in your handler:
if tChoice = "insert function 1" then
else if tChoice = "insert function 2" then
end if

HTH,
Sarah