Wildcard in Rev

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sun May 22 01:21:23 EDT 2005

no, there's no way to filter files with their copy line...

revCopyFile pSrcFile, pDestFile

write your own, it's the best...

if you need more options, check out the windows resource kit's robocopy
or xxcopy. scopy and xcopy also have tricks of their own but only xxcopy
does it all alas it's not free but it's nto expense either and there's
a freeware mode - although it's interactive mode will leave Runrev
hanging if you didn't use start.exe first.

Mac and unix equivalents also exist. Same battlefield i presume.

The revCopyFile (or folder) will block the execution of runrev while it
copies and will not copy everything so you need to check again after the
copy...

The "result" variable will hold the log of the shell operation used. Which
you need to parse for errors.

To "thread" a copy, use the "start" DOS tool to make shell give you
back the use of your rev environment. But you will still have to parse
a log for errors. Dont forget to always enclose paths in quotes too.

im writing a new scalable migration tool for work. Heavy duty copying
with all types of checks, logs, stats, scheduling, filter intelligence and
grouping, security and audit management, and lots more. But it's not for
tomorow and it wont be cheap. But it will adapt to any copy tool, any os,
any environment including some EMC tools. Like a TAOO but just for files...

For a preview, search filebrowser in monsieurx.com. (requires GIM and
Breakpoints Navigator)

cheers
Xavier