Box around found text

John Ridge ridge11103 at btinternet.com
Sat May 21 07:06:01 EDT 2005

This is really a query about etiquette, I think, rather than a bug report.

I noticed that when my script is repeatedly "find"ing a multi-word phrase in
a text field on a cards in a large stack it sometimes appears to fail. I
eventually realised that it isn't failing - it just doesn't show the "box"
around the text if the phrase includes a soft line-ending (i.e. the text
wraps to a new line). This looks wrong to me, and could confuse users.

So I searched bugzilla (using the very helpful RevZilla stack) but couldn't
find any reports on the problem. Can someone more expert than I confirm
this? Are there any bugzilla search tricks worth passing on?

So, assuming that it hadn't been reported, I sent in a report via Revzilla.
Should I have raised it on this list first?

Any comments?