Mac and PCs graphic speeds

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Fri May 20 23:38:38 EDT 2005

That's what made me leave the mac... It was like
the WinXP (upgrade your hardware or slow down)
syndrome... Except that I had already bought a
PPC and it was no longuer enough...

Today's PC games are kind of like that too but
given the graphic power on display, it's just
awesome and totally immersive. The reality
and smoothness of it all and the feeling of the
force feedback is most impressive too - i mean
realistic! If you have a chance to try GTR, do
so by all means! The only missing thing is the
smell of rubber, brakes, oil and clutch burning!

GTR is also missing the fused rubber projections
on the windshield - it's the only detail missing!
But that kind of power for the desktop is as you
say quite nice and useless ;)

16 bit alpha channels? Yes i noticed how unuseable
8 bit channels can be. Any chance we'll see
this in the future? We could do away with lots of
jaggies and horribly overlayed images - textures
would be so much easier to apply... ;)

cheers
Xav