Database Query Builder 2

HyperChris at aol.com HyperChris at aol.com
Fri May 20 20:21:36 EDT 2005

Jan was kind enough to point me to the check box 'Cache record set' as a
means of getting the DQB to upload changes made to a field when the 'Update Field
after editing' option is checked in the Database section of the inspector. I
had thought Cache'ing the record set meant it would NOT be rechecking the mySQL
database for changes but instead it appears to mean something like 'Keep the
local cache up to date!' This really needs to go into the documentation, and
the little video primers, because it is too elusive for a newbie.

So now I can make changes but I still have one major hickup. If I click a
button that is linked to the database such as a Next button set to 'Move to Next
Record' then the field doesn't appear to ever get the close message needed to
trigger the update. If I click any non DQB linked button or in the background
then the save is made but if I go straight to a button like Next then the
change is lost.

I created a workaround by putting the Next button off screen and then making
a fake Next button that does this ...
 click at "1,1"   -- where there is nothing
 click at the loc of btn "Next"
... but that really slows things down. I suppose i could play with ways to
speed things up but here again the DQB is supposed to be helping me knock this
thing out quick.

Any other half-documented features out there to which i should be paying
attetion ?Thanks.