calculating max vscroll

Lynch, Jonathan bnz2 at cdc.gov
Fri May 20 16:09:05 EDT 2005

Was your borderwidth = 3?

-----Original Message-----
From: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
[mailto:use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com] On Behalf Of Chris
Sheffield
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 4:04 PM
To: How to use Revolution
Subject: Re: calculating max vscroll

Using (The formattedheight of field "myField1") - (the height of
field "myfield1") doesn't seem to work quite right.  When I calculate
that value for the field I get 67 (formattedHeight is 392 and height
is 325).  When I scroll it to the max and check the vscroll property,
it turns out to be 61 or 62, depending on whether I drag the
scrollbar or use my mouse wheel, respectively (and that's another
question:  why would it scroll more when using the mouse wheel?
Seems odd to me).

Anyway, the scrolling problem has gone away thanks to Jonathan.  I
started looking at the borders of the two fields and that was the
difference. Originally neither one had a border.  At one point I
added a border to the main field, but didn't to the other. That was
causing the weird scrolling behavior.  Once I added a border to the
other field it worked fine.  :-)

Thanks everyone.

On May 20, 2005, at 1:50 PM, Dave Cragg wrote:

> On 20 May 2005, at 20:19, Chris Sheffield wrote:
>

> As Jonathon pointed out,  you the maximum scroll can be calculated
> with this:
>
>   (The formattedheight of field "myField1") - (the height of field
> "myfield1")
>
> But you also need to be sure that both fields have the same number
> of lines, and that lines don't wrap in either field. Depending on
> what you're doing, you may need to pad one field with blank lines.
>
> Dave

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally
The Fluency Company