Table field behavior

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri May 20 10:53:51 EDT 2005

Hi Bill,

Did you create the 2 custom properties xLimit and yLimit in your
table field which specify the limits?
xLimit = the number of columns
yLimit = the number of rows
And set your table field to show the same number of columns and rows?

Hope this helps!

Le 20 mai 05 à 16:47, Bill a écrit :

> I think what I am looking for is in here:
>
>  on SetScroll
>    -- sets the table field and header fields scrolls if they are any
>    -- the syntax is not very comprehensible since this handler can
> set the
> scroll of an unknown number of fields
>    -- then it refers to parameters by order/number and not by name
> using the
> do command
>
>    lock screen
>    lock messages
>    repeat with i = 3 to the paramcount
>      do "put there is a fld" && param(i) && "into tFlag"
>      if tFlag then do "set the" && param(1) && "of fld" && param
> (i)  && "to"
> && param(2)
>      -- param (3) to param(x) are the names of the fields
>    end repeat
>    unlock messages
>    unlock screen
>  end SetScroll
>
> I'm I supposed to put the name of the field I am working with
> somewhere in
> there so it will work?
>
> On 5/20/05 9:54 AM, "Eric Chatonet"
> <eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> Le 20 mai 05 à 15:44, Bill a écrit :
>>

>>> What if you place the code in the script of the field in question
>>> and then
>>> not have to worry about the name of the field or about it being
>>> called when
>>> doing stuff in other fields which may not want affected?
>>>

>> Don't forget that I only made a copy/paste from a demonstration stack
>> where constraints are specific :-)
>> You have to try and adapt it to your needs...

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86