Slide Show in Mac OS X

Sunatori, Go Simon gs.sunatori at hyperinfo.ca
Thu May 19 11:29:32 EDT 2005

On Mar 20, 2005, at 19:35, TaliesinSoft wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:15:20 -0600, Sunatori, Go Simon wrote:
>
>> I have created a Web Slide Show using JavaScript.  It works
>> perfectly in
>> Safari on Mac OS X, but I am not sure about the other web browsers
>> and
>> other platforms.  If there are any kind souls who could check out the
>> slide show before the product launch, it would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>> Here is the website.
>>
>> http://Sunatori.com/ -> English/French/Spanish
>>
>> Thank you in advance for any feedback.
>
> The site worked for me when viewed via Safari. That aside, I was
> bothered by
> several of the pictures being seriously out of focus which
> severely, at least
> for me, detracted from the show.

I fixed up 2 of the seriously out-of-focus pictures, so the Slide
Show at the following URL should be a little more non-distractive.

* http://Sunatori.com/

I keep the original photos in HyperCard (but lately in Revolution/
Dreamcard) to combine with the field text and other graphics.  This
way, I can create 3 different JPEG images with text (English, French,
Spanish) from one photo, without any duplication.  I just use
commands like "hide fld 1" and "show fld 2" before taking a
screenshot of the card.

You may notice that I have incorporated a Server-Side Include
"Options MultiViews" to automatically re-direct to the language set
in the user's browser.  If your browser is set to display French as
default, for example, you are automatically directed to the French
version of the webpage without having to click on "French".

As for the product itself, there are a few on eBay now, if anybody
happens to be interested.

* http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6532193474
* http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7517416987
* http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7517417378

Thanks to all who have kindly tested the Slide Show.  BTW, I am
seeking volunteers to translate some text into Spanish (a free pen as
a reward)...
--
Simon Sunatori
Coming soon: An Amazing 3-in-1 Auto-Retractable Pen <http://