Inconsistent behaviour of menus

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed May 18 13:40:58 EDT 2005

Hi Richard,

You leave out the section title in the v2.5.1 "Engine Changes" doc
where I read: Bugs fixed in this release ;-)
Which just shows that some fixed bugs can generate new bugs, more,
more annoying...

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 18 mai 05 à 19:06, Richard Gaskin a écrit :

> Eric Chatonet wrote:
>
>> Rev 2.5.1 - OS X 10.4.1
>> I am used to build menus as text, adding a parenthesis to disable
>> an  item, !c to checkmark another one, etc.
>> The problem comes when working with submenus items.
>> With Rev 2.5 you could write something like:
>> tab SubmenuItem 1 -- enabled
>> (tab SubmenuItem 2 -- disabled
>> With Rev 2.5.1, such a formulation no longer works.
>> You have to put the parenthesis strictly before the label:
>> tab SubmenuItem 1 -- enabled
>> tab (SubmenuItem 2 -- disabled
>> If you try to use the built-in disable command with submenus
>> items,  it works fine with 2.5 and does not work with 2.5.1.
>> because it puts  the parenthesis at the beginning of the line :-(
>>

> This is a bug -- from the v2.5.1 "Engine Changes" doc:
>
>   Bug 2275: Tabs parsed incorrectly in some menu definitions
>   ~~~~~~~~
>   Tabs can now appear directly before or directly after the
>   menu meta-characters in menu specifications.
>
> Happy Bugzillaing...

So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86