What is the script for selecting a specific word in a field?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed May 18 12:44:22 EDT 2005

Hello Robert,

Welcome to this list :-)
You will find here a lot of people to help you.
I have no time at the moment but I will extract for you the right
script for you ASAP :-)

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 18 mai 05 à 17:44, Robert Ball a écrit :

> Hello Eric from Paris, thank you so much for responding to my
> request for help. Apparently I did not make clear exactly what I
> want to do in my first message, so here is my second attempt.
>
> I have a field YourAnswer on a card with several instances of xxx.
> I want to press the tab key and have the cursor move to the next
> instance of xxx and also hilite the xxx. The script
>
> on tabKey
>   find word xxx in field "YourAnswer"
> end tabKey
>
> moves the cursor to the next xxx and draws an outline box around
> the xxx, but it doesn't hilite the xxx, which is what I want. I
> have to double click the found xxx to select it.
>
> I had hoped the script
>
> on tabKey
>   select word xxx in field "YourAnswer"
> end tabKey
>
> would work, but it doesn't. I must be doing something wrong.
>
> Robert
>
> PS -- this is my first message, I just joined the list yesterday. I
> hope this is how to respond to your message.

So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86