sqlite

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed May 18 08:28:06 EDT 2005

On 5/18/05 3:00 PM, "Oak Norton" <oaknorton at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Oak,

> I was looking at sqlite and wondered if anyone could tell me about it's
> ability to search for text inside a potentially very large database. Will
> sqlite create an index of the words in the database if requested and do
> searches on it like proximity searches and such?

This task do perfectly Valentina.

1) With Valentina you can

* assign even to EACH field to have Language
* Assign for some field(s) to be IndexedByWords.

2) Valentina 2.0 also adds
* Unicode support.
* such easy for use API as

    VField_FindStartWith( "string" )
    VField_FindContains( "string" )
    VField_FindEndsWith( "string" )

    VField_FindLike( "string" )
    VField_FindRegEx( "string" )

3) also Valentina 2.0 introduce unique feature: "Index Style"
    using which you can

  specify index style where define:
      MaxIgnoreLength
      IgnoreWords

So you can skip some words from index by words.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology