What is the script for selecting a specific word in a field?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed May 18 06:32:45 EDT 2005

Hi Robert,

As usual, it is very interesting to think of "Is there such a script
which do that in the IDE?"
Lights!
In any script window, the Find button does what I want ;-)

So, check the revFindNext function in the script of the single card
of any script window which is called by the Find button and adapt it.
In order to open scripts in IDE windows, check the "Contextual menus
work in Revolution windows" in the main pane of the Rev Prefs.
Then use a right click to display the contextual menu in any IDE window.
Exploring the IDE always gets you rich...

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 17 mai 05 à 23:05, Robert Ball a écrit :

> I have a field YourAnswer with several instances of xxx. I want to
> tab to each instance of xxx. The scripts
>
> on tabKey
>   find word xxx in field "YourAnswer"
> end tabKey
>
> and
>
> on tabKey
>   find "xxx" in field "YourAnswer"
> end tabKey
>
> work, but they give me an outline box around xxx, which is not the
> same thing as selecting xxx, which hilites xxx.
>
> The analogous script
>
> on tabKey
>   select word xxx in field "YourAnswer"
> end tabKey
>
> does not work. Neither do
>
> on tabKey
>   select word xxx of field "YourAnswer"
> end tabKey
>
> or
>
> on tabKey
>   select "xxx" of field "YourAnswer"
> end tabKey

So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86