ANN: PenTool v3

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 00:05:38 EDT 2005

Hi developers,

Download the stack:
Pen Tool v3 from:
<http://geocities.com/capellan2000/penToolv3.zip>
_http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/penToolv3.zip_

This stack shows five buttons:
a pen tool,two Selection Tools,
and EXIT and Help buttons.

(These nice icons are from the collection of
Ximian Project for Open Office)

To start, open the stack "penToolv3" as a palette.

Write in the message box:
answer file "Choose stack penToolv3";palette it

Changes from Pen Tool V2:

To edit the points of the graphic, choose the
hollow selection tool.
Click on the line or the fill of the graphic to show
the control and vertex points.

(Notice, if you had resized or moved the graphic with
the pointer tool, this tool makes the graphic to
redraw
itself). Move the vertex or controls points to reshape
the graphic.Double click on the line or fill of the
graphic to hide these control and vertex points.

To move or resize the graphics, choose the pointer
tool
and change the size of any graphic or move them.

After moving or resizing  the graphic, you had to
select it again with the hollow selection tool, to
redraw it.

IMPORTANT:
Everytime you choose a tool in the palette "penTool"
the script from other tools in the palette is removed
from the frontscripts.

If you want to remove all frontscripts from this
palette, click on the EXIT button (An open door with
a red arrow).

Feel free to adapt this handler for your own
purposes, all that i ask you is: keep an
updated link to my website in the documentation
of your software or your website.

i have handlers for adding, deleting and converting
the points of these graphics. Later, when
debugged, i'll add them to this palette.

eventually, i'll include the handlers for graphic
transformations: scaling, rotating, skew and flip.
i have rotation and scale already working fine
with these kinds of graphics (and both custom
properties).

If you want to use these handlers, i recomend that
you print and study them, while using the tool.
Then, add your own comments to the code.
I'm sure that in this way you will found and fix
any error that escaped my own knowledge.
This is the best way to understand how
this code works.

Send comments and report bugs
to my email direction.