[OT] Bug tracking systems

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue May 17 02:21:30 EDT 2005

>I need to implement a bug-tracking system for a couple clients.
> Requirements include:
>
> - MySQL backend
>
> - simple interface (so Bugzilla's out of the running)
>
> - simple installation
>
> - should have the ability to merge reports (as for handling
>   duplicates without losing info; another non-Bugzilla)
>
> - Web-based, and should be interfaceable with Rev
>   (though I don't know of any Web solution that can't be)
>
> Can any of you recommend a system you've worked with along those lines?

FOGBugz by the Joel on Software guy. I'm sure you know the site. One of my
clients uses it and it's quite a neat little app. The only issue is it's
pay-per-seat which could get annoying. I believe it has a CGI for adding bug
reports from apps that allows you to avoid duplicate entries.

Not sure about the MySQL backend but probably ???

Cheers

Monte