FW: interesting Crash

Hershel Fisch hershrev at realtorsgroup.us
Tue May 17 00:36:53 EDT 2005

------ Forwarded Message
From: Hershel Fisch <hershrev at realtorsgroup.us>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 00:33:24 -0400
To: Robert Brenstein <rjb at robelko.com>
Subject: Re: interesting Crash

On 5/16/05 10:38 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

> I think this is quite an unusual way of navigating: to have an
> editable field and clicking in it causes a switch to another stack. I
> bet Rev gets confused with things somehow. You could try using
> message watcher to see what's going on. But may just try to send the
> go command in time to allow focus/openfield to finish before
> switching context.
>
> Robert
 Hi, ok, I'll try to make the "short story long"
Originally was made as follows .

On myHandler
  put fld "list" of stack "external_dd" & return & return & "Edit"\
  into btn "dd"
End myHandler

Which is triggered when necessary .

On openField
  set the uTarget of this stack to the short name of the target
  popUp btn "abc"
End openField

On menuPick pWhich
  if pWhich <> "edit" then
   put pWhich into fld  the uTarget of stack "main_stack"
  Else
   Go to stack "external_dd"
End menuPick

Now, by entering the fld I get the  menu of the popUp btn "abc" based on the
external stack (in order to be able to save,sort and so on). When an item is
selected (via menuPick) that item is inserted into that fld which is ok, But
the problem rises when I pick "edit" then it goes to the external_stack,
opens up and crashes.
Then I tried go directly to a different stack "on openField go to
stack...... with out the whole 9 yards to see if it will work but got the
same result. Crashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...............

      I just wanted wanted to make life simple and apply the answer to my
thing.
But so far got no where.
I really would appreciate all help.
Thanks, Hershel Fisch