Duplicate image issue

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Mon May 16 15:41:05 EDT 2005

Frank,

Have you tried re-ID'ing all images?
To see if the problem persists?

Im right in the middle of this nightmare too...

Internal image browser to external multiple-control assignment (icon or
patterns). Or the Global theme that all stacks must use and be able to
switch this on the fly for all stacks.

The GM problem is now gone but there's nothing i can do about image
conflicts or crashes. Just careful reassignment of ids...

The big problem was displaying external images from other stacks - without
sucking
them in and creating crashes or over-working the image id replacements if
anything changed from the displaying stack to the stack holding the
images...

Same problem with my new Theme manager. There's a theme catalog, but how do
you assign the images to any stack out there already using preset icon ids
or patterns?

In case 1 where external and internal images need separation, i use a group
of buttons (transparent, sized to the image's size) to display the image.
Dirty work but it should work (im not completely finished but it's working!)

For the themes, i use a "current theme" group where i copy the images into
existing images with preset ids... I haven't tested it extensively yet but
it seems to work internally. There's another problem though which is that
the images or patterns dont refresh "automatically" without a stack mode
change (toplevel to palette and viceversa seems the best)...

Hope that gives you a hint of the simple situation you have ;) But try
reassigning the ids first. Then kill them all, compact and save, and
reimport them eventually...

For a multimedia environment, there's lots of problems with images... Even
if the images are displayed, sometimes they go grey with no explanation or
error... Cached or not.

If anyone can clarify this one too?

Oh, before i forget, you can use ControlsN2O or other plugins to list the
resources in your stack. It's always good to have a second opinion - i
stopped using rev's tools completely now so im sure of what's going on and
still sometimes...

Cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com