Do Rev CGI Suffer Performance HIts?

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Mon May 16 12:32:53 EDT 2005

On another thread, jbv (JB) wrote about using Rev as a CGI engine on
Linux as a matter of regular course.

I'm curious. I've been laying out a design for an INternet-based app
and figuring I'd have to use Python (which is OK because I love it
but in some ways it may be overkill for this project) because of my
understanding that a Rev CGI can't handle even modest volumes of
traffic. This is apparently because a separate instance of the CGI is
launched for each HTTP request received.

True or myth? Anyone have any experience with moderately high
transaction rates using Rev CGI?