unzip question (OS X)

Christian Langers christian.langers at education.lu
Mon May 16 08:51:24 EDT 2005

Hello,

Does anybody know what option to set to the unzip shell command in
order do get an incrementation  to the file to extract (stored in a
stack) when there is a file with the same name ? (unzipping via the
Finder gives me that automatically : e.g. XML exists --> unzipping :
XML 1 --> unzipping : XML 2...)

In my script I verify if there is already a file with the same name
then I have to possibilities :
- shell (if there is no such file)

     put the cProg of this cd into url ("binfile:"&tPath&"/"&tName)
      put "cd "&tpath&cr&"unzip "&tName into tShell
       get shell(tShell)

- Applescript (if there is such a file)

     put the cProg of this cd into url ("binfile:"&tPath&"/"&tName)
      put "tell application"&&quote&"Finder"&quote&cr&"open file "&q
(tName)&cr& "end tell" into tAppScript
       do tAppScript as Applescript

With Applescript I'm getting the increments but I want this to happen
"quietly" (and in the shell)...

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance,

Christian