Be Cautious About MySQL Licensing (was Re: Database suggestions?)

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sun May 15 17:30:22 EDT 2005

Jan.....

A compelling point, methinks.

Since you can use PostgreSQL for desktop, LAN and Internet-deployed
apps, adopting it from the outset eliminates a lot of hassle, I'd
guess. (I've never actually coded a PostgreSQL app but I may change
that in the near future.) It seems like the only thing you sacrifice
with PostgreSQL by most accounts is performance, but it's not clear
to me how much performance is sacrificed and under what specific
circumstances or loads.