Be Cautious About MySQL Licensing (was Re: Database suggestions?)

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sun May 15 17:27:49 EDT 2005

Not really, Ruslan. If I have an app that I'm distributing on CD/DVD
or downloading but which is intended for single-user deployment, I
would use altSQLite because it's fast, free, and (thanks to Altuit)
trivial to incorporate into my Rev apps.

Where MySQL becomes an issue is when the app is multi-user by nature.
If the app can be deployed over the Internet, then MySQL is a viable
option. If it has to be deployed on a LAN, it's just not.