Formatting Widgets for OS X

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat May 14 15:12:27 EDT 2005

On 5/14/05 7:34 AM, "Brian K. Maher" <brian.k.maher at pleasantbreeze.com>
wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am using Rev 2.5.1 on OS X 10.4.
>
> I am having problems getting the text I enter into field widgets to
> appear (alignment wise) the same as it appears when entered into
> either an editfield widget in RealBasic or an NSTextField widget in
> Cocoa.  It seems to have to do with the margins but for the life of
> me I just cannot find a setting which will allow the text entered to
> appear to be aligned the same.

Well, you can change the margins of the field by setting the "margins"
property. By default, the margins are 8 pixels, but you can set the margins
to another value if you like. I created a dummy field in RB 5.5 and matched
it to Revolution by setting the textFont of the field to "Lucida Grande",
the textSize to "12", and the margins to "4,6,4,4".

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/