Getting started with Rev Databases

docmann docmann at gmail.com
Sat May 14 14:39:26 EDT 2005

On 5/13/05, Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> You can check out the altSQLite Demo as it explains the use of many of
> the revDB commands:
>
> in the msg:
>
> go URL "http://www.gadgetplugins.com/altsqlite/SQLiteDemo.rev"
>
> Richard Gaskin wrote:
> > Where's the overview introducing basic concepts of using databases with
> > Rev?

As a relative new user, I owe a debt of gratitude to Trevor, Sarah and
numerous other list members for the excellent help and advice provided
in regards to using SQL databases with RunRev. Many thanks and kudo's
to all!

With that said, I have to add that Chipp's altSQLite demo/tutorial for
me at least, offers the best "newbie" approach to the subject that
I've found to date. In fact, after registering altSQLite, I quickly
made a 29 page PDF file from the tutorial stack, which I printed as a
general reference for working with the other DB engines.

Speaking of which...
I think it would be great if Chipp were to take his existing tutorial
a few steps further as a totally separate product (tutorial
stack/e-book) on the subject!

Where's the order form? ...I'm already digging in my wallet for the
credit card. :)

-Doc-