Ken Burns Effect in Rev?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat May 14 13:30:47 EDT 2005

Howard Bornstein wrote:
>>Very nice, Howard, very nice, even on my 1 Ghz G4 :-)
>>
>>But the choppiness Richard (and me!) experienced was a result of
>>changing also the
>>height/width of the image at the same time, something you cleverly left
>>out :-)
>>
>>With it it is still a bit jerky...
>
> Agreed! I changed the motion because it was more in keeping with my
> idea about how the Ken Burns Effect works, and it did look better!

It's a bit of both:  the Ken Burns Effect commonly combines a zoom with
a pan, so emulating it precisely would require changing the image's rect
-- a much more computationally expensive action than moving the image.

I wonder if Trevor's been reading this thread and has come up with an
external to hook into QT transitions while executing
computationally-expensive Transcript without impairing either....
(I can dream, can't I?)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation