Collecting Sound Files in a stack

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sat May 14 11:51:08 EDT 2005

Broadcast WAV has been the Digidesign recommended and default format
for Pro Tools for over 4 years. There's even a checkbox for 'force
cross-platform Wave'.

They support sd2, but only for backward compatibility.
If the files are used in video post production, WAV is a requirement.
sd2 was a Native format (versions 4.x) before they completely rewrote
the application for dual platforms.

There is also the question of archiving - which format will be more
easily played 50 years from now? Again, check the latest issue of
Mix, where there's a good article about archiving standards (which
recommend Broadcast WAV).

You should convince your friend to switch unless he's using a 5 year
old version of PT!  It's no longer a 'PC' thing.

sqb