Launch PDF's into Acrobat

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri May 13 23:43:28 EDT 2005

Aloha, Ken

Yes, that really does help.

Looks like his is an install-from-cd model. In my case I'll just push
the user to Adobe's site if they need to install.

What about the app-->doc pre-binding? i.e. to prevent the dread "I
don't know what application to use to open this document?"

I know on Mac it will be automatic if the user installs an
application...but every now and then  we still see the "I don't know
the doc type... please choose an application..." in instances where the
resource fork of a PDF gets wiped and the prebinding to .pdf extension
is failing... rare, but it happens. You can tell because the doc.pdf
has no unique-to-my-mama-app icon- (saved from an email attachment,
downloaded from the net... i haven't figure out the exact recipe for
this loss of creator type, when even the extension is correct. What
about on Windows?

I guess we're asking is: how do we get Revolution to ensure the
app-->doc binding for PDFs? On each platform?

Thanks
Sivakatirswami