OT: Adobe and Macromedia

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu May 12 02:21:14 EDT 2005

This just came in:
----------------------

  Dear Macromedia customer,

  As you probably know, Macromedia and Adobe are joining together to
deliver solutions for our customers that make great digital experiences
possible.

  With complementary technology platforms, products, and customers,  we
are both focused on enabling the creation and delivery of compelling
content and experiences across multiple operating systems, devices,
and media. Most importantly, we share a common mission for the  future:
to help people and organizations communicate better.

  By combining the passion and creativity of two leading-edge companies
with the diversity and energy of our respective customers, we will
drive innovations that will inspire you to improve the ways people
everywhere are experiencing and interacting with information. We look
forward to working with you, our customers, as we create the future
together.

  The companies anticipate completion of this transaction by the fall of
this year. Although we are currently engaged in integration planning,
we will remain and operate as independent entities until the
acquisition is complete. Macromedia customers should continue to
contact Macromedia sales and support for Macromedia products and
solutions.

  We  invite you to learn  more about the acquisition, and, as always,
we welcome your  feedback.

Regards,

Stephen Elop
CEO, Macromedia