digital timers

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Wed May 11 19:59:58 EDT 2005

On May 11, 2005, at 1:04 PM, Chris Sheffield wrote:

> I need two different timers, one that counts up from 0 to 60 and
> one that counts up from 0 to 3, and keeps repeating until the 60-
> second timer has finished.

Just a thought and it might not apply to your situation.

For most timers that are for a specific length of time, it has been
my observation that a countdown timer is more useful than a count up
timer. Reason being that with a countdown timer, you know what the
end point is automatically. With a count up timer, the end point is
unknown OR must be visible as a separate number and as a user, you
have to compare those two numbers to get a feel for how much time
remains until the end point is reached. With a countdown the end
point is always zero and regardless where you started, you can
quickly determine when the end point will be reached.

Just my two cents and of course, your mileage may vary and my advice
could be all wrong for your situation.

Kee Nethery