Using FS, GS, RS and US (was A question about certain ASCII characters...)

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Wed May 11 16:03:13 EDT 2005

On May 11, 2005, at 9:48 AM, Dar Scott wrote:

> On May 11, 2005, at 7:28 AM, Lynch, Jonathan wrote:
>

>> I like to use ascII characters 28-31 as item delimiters. These are
>> characters that are actually set aside for this purpose within the
>> ascII
>> character set.

I get data from SQL databases and I use ASCII(29) between result rows
and ASCII(30) between elements within a row. My only caveat is that I
have to make sure nothing inserts those characters into the database.
But having the data come back to me in that organization makes it
very easy to parse the results.

Kee Nethery