Player and UNC network names

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Wed May 11 15:43:37 EDT 2005

I wanted to bounce this off everyone before I bugzilla it.

If you create a player, click on the folder button to chose the movie file,
navigate to and choose a movie on a network server, the file name is mapped
using the UNC format (e.g. "//server/folder1/folder2/movie.mov").  The
player will not load this movie.  It will, however, work if the network
drive is mapped (so you get something like "z:/folder1/folder2/movie.mov").

Shouldn't it work even with the UNC specification?

Images work with the UNC specification.

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
24-hour recorded info hotline: 1-800-624-7671