filter and reorder a list via field on other stack

rev at armbase.com rev at armbase.com
Wed May 11 14:27:27 EDT 2005

Hi all.

I  asked this a while ago but didn't manage to get it working.

I have a list field "ItemList" (scrolling) that I populate via an index field
"IndexField" on one stack whose name is dynamic and is in "tFileName".

I have a button in one stack "Search List" with a field "ItemListFilter" and a
button with a script

on mouseUp
     filter fld "ItemList" of stack "tFileName" with ( "*" & field
"ItemListFilter" of stack "Search List" & "*" )
--Note the 2 lines above are on the same line it is just wordwrapping of my
--webmail
end mouseUp

Anyone any idea why this does not work?

Also, i want the list to be reordered in some way, however, this upsets the
relationship of the cards to the list items. I remember that there was some
trict to keep the list item associated with the cards by adding the card number
and tabbing it out of the field boundaries....

Anyone know the standard trick?

Cheers
Bob