bad word checker

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed May 11 13:08:58 EDT 2005

At 10:42 AM -0500 5/11/05, J. Landman Gay wrote:

>Some time later, I received a rejection notice, saying that AOL
>could not release my language-checking utility because it violated
>the Terms of Service. My file had bad words in it.

Probably because they ran the file through your file-checker!

The early Genie was essential to my early hypercarding - the XCMDs so
generously provided by the great Rinaldi and others literally saved
my projects from being a disaster - serial port control, ask folder
dialogs, etc.

then Genie morphed into AOL.

Most people don't remember but AOL used to be Mac-only. When they
added PCs and became a big deal, that's when the hand-holding and
censorship got to be intolerable for professionals.