bad word checker

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed May 11 02:56:35 EDT 2005

Hi Mark,

If you plan to release your software in several languages, would it be
relevant to change your approach by storing a list of good strings for
each language instead of tracking vulgar words?
A vision testing software is only used from times to times by anyone:
you can manage your lists so there's no risk involved in displaying
twice the same string for the same person. And you know that memory
between 2 sessions does not exist for strings without meaning :-)
I know that this way is less satisfying for the programmer but might be
able to solve your problem for all languages with 100% reliability.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.

Le 11 mai 05, à 06:17, Mark Talluto a écrit :

> Here is any interesting user request.  We make a product that
> generates random letters for vision testing.  We have been asked to
> make sure that the software does not accidentally create a vulgar
> word.  I am sure I can come of with some of the basics, but I really
> need a list of vulgar words.
>
> I must admit that it bothers me to know my program will have such
> language in its bowls.  The request is valid and needs to be done.  I
> have already created a small app that has made thousands of
> permutations of the range of letters available.  I just need to
> quickly run my list against as complete a list of vulgar words as
> possible.  Anyone of any ideas on the list?

So Smart Software

Web site		http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/
Email		eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com/
Phone		33 (0)1 43 31 77 62