File Associations & Auto-Open with OS X

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Tue May 10 17:55:49 EDT 2005

I've got a standalone developed with Rev 2.5.1 that I want to
associate with a particular file extension for both OS X and Windows.
On both platforms I can specify that all files with the extension
".xyz" is to be opened by a particular program.  This works fine with
Windows, but not with OS X (v10.3.9 by the way, in case it's
relevant).

In my preOpenStack handler I'm looking at the $0, $1 parameters and
find that $1 is set to the name of the file I double-clicked on
(.xyz) for Windows but is empty for OS X.  So with OS X when the user
double-clicks a .xyz data file, it opens my standalone OK but not the
file itself.

Is there a known solution for this for OS X so my users can simply
double-click a file to cause it to open my standalone AND THEN the
file they clicked on?

Thanks

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk