Useless ToolTips in the property Inspector

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue May 10 16:10:35 EDT 2005

Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Just a note:
>
>- for label field in property inspector I point check boxes.
>
>I point
>
>    Locked Text and see tooltip  "Locked Text"
>
>I point
>
>    Don't Wrap and see tooltip  "Don't wrap"
>

>IMHO this is useless help.

There is a preference setting (Edit / Preferences / General) for
   Property Labels
to be either
   Description of option
or
  Name of Transcript property.

Whichever one is chosen, the tooltip shows the other one - so I see
   Lock Text   and tooltip is    lockText
  autoTab       and tooltip is    Tab on return
etc.

They are often similar - but I don't see them exactly the same.  You
might want to try changing the preference and see if it settles back to
showing one or other ...